Updated: Jun 9
If you have not already read/listened to my previous post on "How Much Does a Professional Organizer Charge?" I want to encourage you to go back and take a listen to that one. You can click HERE to check out that post
Now you have done your research on how much a Professional Organizer charges but you are still wondering "Is it really worth it?" and that is completely normal! Investing in a Professional Organizer can be scary. This is a type of service that is not yet as common as some of your other home services.
So I have compiled a list that if you are asking yourself these questions, you are definitely going to find a Professional Organizer is in fact worth it!
Is a PO worth it?
Do you find yourself with limited free time?
Do you have limited mobility
Do you have limited connections to vendors? This is going to be your household vendors you will need to call upon such as:
Insurance agent for your home
Real Estate Agent
Home Disaster Repair
4. Do you have limited motivation or endurance? This could be to get started or to complete your organizing project
5. Do you have uncertainty about how to organize your home or business? Are you confused how it should be organized?
6. Do you have just general confusion around organizing? Maybe you have tried to get organized in the past and it didn't work or it never stayed organized the way you would have liked it to be.
7. Are you starting a new phase in your life? Most of my clients are in a Life Transition and things can easily become disorganized.
Life Transitions can be:
Moving (locally, out-of-state or internationally)
Starting a new career
And SO much more
8. Do you have a brain based condition such as ADD, ADHD or OCD? We all need organizing in our own unique ways and not everyone will need the same cookie cutter approach. A Professional Organizer can help families and individuals who might have a brain based condition.
The amazing benefit of having a Professional Organizer, is that they are going to be able to bring a fresh set of eyes to your space and see it in a different way than you were seeing it before. They will show you ways to maximize your space, time and resources. Even making tweaks to a space that can be sometimes very minor will have a huge impact on your day and how you are able to maximize your time.
One thing I always tell my clients is that I cannot create more space. I can't make a closet bigger or a kitchen pantry wider. But what I can do is show you have to take your existing space and get the absolute most out of it.
*keep in mind that not all PO’s organize in the same way. So if you’ve tried to hire an Organizer in the past and it didn't go well, maybe they didn't listen closely enough to your needs or asks, try it again. Don’t write off the whole industry just yet because you can never go wrong with getting another pair of eyes on your space.
I'd love to know what your thoughts are on this. Do you think a Professional Organizer is worth it? Let me know!
And if you want to schedule a call and start the journey to living a more organized life (and a less stressful one!) you can book your call with me HERE